Church of the Dormition of the Holy Virgin
The overall architectural design of the church shows a three-aisled basilica, with a nave, a narthex in the western part, which was destroyed during the 2nd World War, and a southern portico, which was ruined by the earthquake of 1960.
The overall architectural design of the church shows a three-aisled basilica, with a nave, a narthex in the western part, which was destroyed during the 2nd World War, and a southern portico, which was ruined by the earthquake of 1960.
According to the donor's inscription, the murals were painted by Teodor Anagnosti and Steriani from the village of Agrapha in 1712. Another eminent iconographer appointed for the painting of icons according to the preserved inscriptions is Konstandin the Hieromonk.
Old images and preserved traces of the church reveal the existence of a complex of public buildings. Adjacent to the campanile tower was the temporary seat of the metropolitans. Southwards of the church courtyard was the chapel of the Anargyres Saints - Kozma and Damjanoi, and adjacent to the church, on its northern side, stood a small shrine dedicated to the cult of St. Marena. In 1887, a campanile tower was added to the church, built by the masters Niko, Koli and Anastas Veria.